How to convert your Instagram account to a Business account
Rannkly is an online reputation and social media management tool and it supports Instagram. Firstly you need to check what kind of Instagram account you have. Once you convert your personal Instagram account into a business account or create a new business account we’ll suggest different steps to optimize the best results when you connect Instagram to Rannkly.
To start working with Rannkly, your Instagram account must be linked to a Facebook page. You can easily convert your account through the Instagram app but we would suggest you do it through Facebook to make sure that the account is bounded to the correct page.
Converting through Facebook
1.Go to Facebook and guide yourself to the list of pages you have access to. Now click on the page you want to connect your Instagram account to or create a new page if you don't have one.
2.Once you are on the page, click on the settings button on the left-hand sidebar.
3. Then click on Instagram, under that, there will be an option Connect account at the top right-hand corner.
4.After this, you will be directed to Instagram and will be required to enter your Instagram username and password.
5. Once you are logged in a pop-up will appear to set up your business account. You have to follow the instructions that will appear on the screen. After checking all the details click done.
Converting through the Instagram mobile app
- Click on the Instagram app on your mobile phone, and go to settings.
- Click on account.
- Click on Switch to a professional account.
- Follow the instructions that will be displayed on the screen, and make sure that you select the business account type and not the creator type. You’ll need to link a Facebook page to your Instagram account. There will be an option “ Not to connect through Facebook now” you won't be able to connect your account to Rannkly if you don’t connect any Facebook page to your Instagram account.
- Your account will be now a Business account.
Recovering your Instagram account
In some situations, when the Facebook page is not correctly connected to your Instagram account, or you are facing some errors while posting content on your Instagram account, you’ll need to switch your Instagram account back to your account and then again to your business account.
- Click on the Instagram app on your mobile phone and go to settings.
- Click on account settings.
- Click on the personal account, then click on the switch-back confirm button.
- Your Instagram account is now converted back to your account, you can follow the steps given above to convert back your Instagram private account to a business account.